Friday, January 22, 2010

Snap To It

Madeline has recently learned to snap. Ever since they started school, they've both been dying to learn how. I know of at least one song they sing at school that requires them to use their "snapping fingers", so the girls have practiced and practiced. They would get so frustrated, whining and moaning, while I would patiently remind them that learning how to snap is really hard (it really is!), so they would just have to be patient and keep trying. Finally, a few days before Christmas, something clicked. Maddie was so proud of herself, and it wasn't long before Cadie was snapping away too. I have to admit, I was pretty proud of them every time I heard their little fingers snapping. At least for a while I was; now, I'm still proud, but I long for those "pre-snapping" days. Why do I long for those days? Because Madeline, with her newfound talent, has taken to snapping orders. I tried not to laugh the first time she looked at me and said, "Mommy, get me some tea!" then snapped those little fingers at me. I'm surprised my jaw didn't drop. In the past week or so, we've since nipped the "order snapping" in the bud, but I'm sure we have more to look forward to from Miss Bossy Pants.

No comments: