Friday, January 29, 2010

Product Review: Crayola Hassle Free Water Colors

The girls LOVE to do crafts. I love them, too, but I don't love the clean-up so much. We've gone from crayons, to markers, to pens, and back again, but I've never found something that I really liked. For whatever reason, the girls peel the paper off the crayons, they get more marker on themselves than the paper, and don't even get me started on pen ink. So, when I walked past this new product from Crayola, I was skeptical, but willing to try anything with "Hassle Free" in the product name.

Here's a description from the Crayola site:

Crayola Hassle Free Watercolors are like regular watercolor paints – without the mess! There are no cups of water to tip over and no paints to spill. THe specially designed paint posts contain a bright, solid color that is only activated when you dip in the brush tip. You can even turn them upside-down – they won't spill or drip!

The girls were super excited to try them out, so we opened them up, and gave it a go. My first impression was the container was neat and easy to use. The lids of the paints aren't easy to snap off, so the girls can't get into them without help. They also have a little lip on the back to hold the lids open so they aren't constantly fighting with them. After the prep, the girls started using them without any trouble. The end result of the "paint" looks more like marker, but they don't care. They feel like they're painting, so they're happy. Even better, they really are HASSLE FREE. They've used them several times now and haven't even come close to being bored with them. If they do happen to get some color on themselves or somewhere else it shouldn't be, it comes off with just water; no soap necessary. I definitely recommend this product!

I give this product: ***** (5/5 Stars)


No comments: