Saturday, January 23, 2010

Let's Go to the Movies

Back at the end of September we took the girls to see their first movie at a theater. We're very much a move-watching household, and it seemed like the girls were old enough, so I thought it was high time we take them to the movies. We saw, "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs", an animated film based on a beloved children's book that I have somehow not read. We treated the girls to popcorn and root beer, snatched up a couple of booster seats, and settled in for the show. I didn't worry about them being noisy or talkative; we've watched enough movies at home that they've learned to listen and pay attention. They didn't last long in their own seats, but I can't say that I minded Maddie snuggling on my lap. At one point, Maddie whispered to me, "Is Cadie kick-back and relaxin'?" as she glanced over at her sister with her feet propped up on the chair in front of her. I chuckled. When the credits began to roll, the girls had lost almost all interest (I blame it on the movie which was mediocre), but they made it all the way through. We've since seen another movie, "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel", the girls' choice. I wanted to see "The Princess and the Frog", but apparently, the creepy voodoo guy from the previews is just too much for the girls. Oh well, we'll watch it at home in our own personal theater, stocked with blankies for covering eyes and that trusty pause button.












No comments: