Monday, November 2, 2009

The Secret

Every night, when we put the girls to bed, I ask them if they want to hear a secret. Without fail, of course, they say, "Yes!" So, I lean down and whisper in their ear, "Did you know you're my favoritest Madde/Cadie in the whole world?" They always smile. Yesterday, after I had been gone most of the day for photo shoots, Maddie came up to me and said, "Mommy, do you wanna know a secret?" I replied, "Of course!" Then, she leaned in and whispered in my ear, "You're the greatest Mommy in the whole world." I looked at her sweet face, said "thank you", and tried my darnedest not to cry.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Well I'm happy you didn't cry b/c I did!!!! What a precious soul. Isn't it amazing how our kids know just what to say?

Cheri said...

She never ceases to amaze me, Annie!