Tuesday, October 6, 2009

First Day of School

Last year, I had such a hard time with the thought of sending the girls to Mother's Day Out. I wasn't sure if they were ready. This year, September 8th couldn't come soon enough! With Jeff being gone most of the week, I was ready for the break. And, the girls love school; they love spending time with their friends, adore their teachers, and learn so much. They didn't even have to adjust to new teachers, as Ms. Jeri and Ms. Stefanie decided to move classrooms with them.

That morning, we all three reluctantly climbed out of bed. I dressed them both in their new outfits bought especially for their first day, packed their lunches, snapped a quick photo, and we headed out. It took several weeks last year for Cadie to go in to class without tears, so I braced myself for the possibility. Even when she got better, she reverted after I was gone on vacation last spring, so I was crossing my fingers it would be a tear-free morning. As I hoped, there was nothing to worry about. Neither one of them put up the slightest fuss; they were thrilled to be back at school and in a more spacious classroom no less!

That afternoon, I picked them up from school, bringing our traditional cup of root beer and a cookie, their treat for being big girls all day. They chattered excitedly about their day, spouting off friends' names and singing new and old songs. I was relieved they'd had a good day, but I would be lying if I didn't confess that a tiny part of me was sad that they had done so well without me. They truly are big girls now.


2009


2008
They've grown so much!

2 comments:

Annie said...

I refuse to believe they are old enough to be in school! If I don't believe it then it isn't so!

They are precious!

Cheri said...

I'm going to go with that theory too! I like it. :)