Saturday, December 26, 2009

Under the Weather

Today's blog post title definitely has a double meaning. Early evening Christmas Eve, we were witness to the first ever blizzard warning here in Tulsa. Not only that, but according to one of the news stations, this is only the fourth time in the past 106 years that we've had a White Christmas. Now, the snow doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's never stressed me out. I'm perfectly content curling up in some comfy sweat pants next to a roaring fire, reading books and playing games with my family. And, if we need to get out -- as we did later that evening to get home from Grana and Poppy's and the next afternoon to get to and from Nana's house – the Tahoe has 4-wheel drive, so we just take our time and head out on our merry way. No problem.

The title's other meaning? Well, yesterday morning was a little anticlimactic when both girls (especially Cadie) woke up not feeling well. Instead of squeals of delight coming down the hall, I heard shuffling feet, and muffled groans, then Cadie immediately climbed into my lap without even a glance at the stash that Santa had left. Skip to today and two out of four of us are down for the count. Cadie is doing much better, but I've joined the ranks of feeling not up to par. Nothing serious; Cadie's running a slight fever, but seems to be feeling much better, just a little whiny and clingy. I'm battling some drainage and a sore throat. All that to say, it's the day after Christmas and the girls are finally playing with their toys. We had hoped to attend a Christmas shindig at Auntie Lolo and Keke's house, but it looks like we're going to have to settle for a quiet night at home. Something tells me it's just what the doctor ordered.


Maddie's new Hannah Montana doll


I can't remember what she was pouting about, but it's darn cute.




Cadie's favorite princess is Snow White, so she LOVED
her dress that Nana got her.


I got these comfy socks for Christmas.  Maddie
decided they would make a good hat.


Still learning how to use my new camera...


Now, the socks have at least made it to her feet.


Cadie wore my other pair.




One of my new all-time favorite pictures.  So much personality.  :)

2 comments:

KAREN said...

Love your photos, Cheri! you're a good photographer :) Happy New Year.

Cheri said...

Thanks, Karen! I'm loving my new camera. Still learning how to use it, but I see tons of potential!