Wednesday, April 8, 2009

We are Cadie and Maddie

Today, we were out playing in the backyard in this glorious weather when Cadie announced, “I am Cadie, she is Maddie. We are Cadie and Maddie!” I’ve always been super sensitive about the girls being lumped together as one simply because they are twins. I even ranted about it to my poor mother-in-law over the weekend because the bakery woman at Reasor’s had the nerve to assume the girls would split a free cookie instead of each getting one of their own. Apparently, though, Cadie doesn’t have the same concerns regarding the issue as I do. She’s proud to be “Cadie and Maddie” and I certainly would never take that away from her. I’ll always be the girls’ number one advocate, whether it be protecting them from a stingy bakery employee or helping them establish their own identities outside of being twins, but it made me stop and think that maybe I should lighten up a bit and just be happy I have a “Cadie and Maddie”. So, there you go. My three year old taught me something today.

No comments: