Saturday, April 4, 2009

It's a Miracle!

It doesn’t seem possible, but today my babies turned three years old. One of the birthday presents they received is a book of devotions for preschoolers. We’ve established a routine of praying before bed every night, and now we can start reading from the devotional every morning to start the day off right.

The book was marked with a sticky note on the girls’ birthday, so I immediately turned to that page. I got chills as I read the title of that day’s devotion, “It’s a Miracle!” The devotion read:

“Jack is trying to catch a fish. As he waits, he watches a waterfall splash into the pond. Then he sees a beautiful rainbow. ‘Wow!’ says Jack. ‘It’s a miracle!’ Have you ever seen a rainbow? Only God can put a rainbow in the sky. That’s why Jack called it a miracle. God can do many marvelous things because no one is as powerful as He is.”

As I read that paragraph, I was once again reminded just how blessed we are and just how miraculous it is that Cadie and Maddie are happy, healthy, and here with us today. I thank God every day that He is a God of miracles and that we were fortunate enough to be blessed with two. Happy Birthday Cadence and Madeline. We love you.

You are the God of miracles and wonders! You demonstrate your awesome power among the nations.” Psalm 7:14, NLT

No comments: