Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mr. Mom, He is Not

For the past couple of months now, since right before Christmas, Jeff has been working on and off (more off), due to the crazy amounts of snow we've gotten. Even though it has only actively snowed a couple of those days, it has taken weeks for said snow to melt away. Normally, this time of year is very slow for the landscape/irrigation industry, but for the first time in, I don't know, EVER, Jeff actually has a ton of work waiting to be done. While that work waits, it has become painfully clear that Jeff is not made to stay at home. At. All.

His daily routine has started to become very predictable: Wake up to the alarm, but completely ignore the two munchkins jumping on the bed. They'll go away eventually. Eat breakfast. Mope around. Eat lunch. Mope around and grumble about nothing to do. Make an excuse to go outside for ANY reason. Eat dinner. After the girls have gone to bed, sit at laptop and either A.) watch ridiculous and senseless (not to mention extremely boring) videos of people using heavy machinery on You Tube; or B.) look up land that is in all likelihood way out of our price range and dream, dream, dream. Fall in to bed sometime between 9 and midnight and immediately fall asleep.

Now, I love my husband dearly. We've been together for 12 ½ years; I would bet everything I own that I know him better than anyone else in this world and I can tell you right now that being stuck at home is killing him. He is not made to do nothing. That being said, he's driving me nuts. Oh weather gods, please cut me some slack and lay off the snow and rain so our house can once again be mope free! I'm afraid Jeff's sanity (and mine) depend on it.

No comments: