Wednesday, February 4, 2009

We Were Sick

Last Wednesday, I wrote about Cadie’s newfound heartache over the circumstances of their premature birth. It was an incident that took me totally off guard and left me a little dumbfounded. Over the past few days, though, it seems as though the girls have come to terms with Cadie’s heartache in their own way.

The memory of the video obviously stuck with them because the very next day they began announcing, “We were sick…when we were born. But, the doctors took care of us, and so did Mommy and Daddy. We’re not sick anymore.” They were repeating all the assurances I had given them the day we watched the video. Again, I was blind-sided. So, there I sat, watching my two-year-old twin daughters comforting one another, already wise beyond their years.

They’ve since continued to discuss their birth both with each other and with me and Jeff. And, I’ve since continued to be amazed by the two beautiful blessings before me.

No comments: